Client & Project
The Chicago Loop Alliance Foundation (CLAF) is a 501(c)(3) affiliate organization that seeks to enrich the Chicago Loop’s public spaces through artistic expression and free cultural programming.
ACTIVATE is a series of pop-up art programs that encourage visitors to experience the Chicago Loop in a new way. We drew a record turnout to the 2018 series of events, which in turn brought economic impact to the downtown. We were able to position this signature event of CLAF as the summertime destination for the arts.
I leveraged partnerships with organizations in the Chicago Loop to create excitement and boost attendance.
We promoted this arts program through digital ads including organic and sponsored social media posts. The message caught traction quickly, garnering the art and culture fans across Chicagoland to the Loop. Email marketing alongside third-party media placements was a key component of our digital strategy.
Each of the events was covered on Instagram Stories and Twitter in realtime with #ACTIVATEchi. Users shared their moments on different social channels including Snapchat with a branded geofilter. To view all the social media conversations, search #ACTIVATEchi on Twitter and Instagram.
The ACTIVATE marketing campaign was successfully implemented and drew a record turnout.
- 29% increase in RSVPs — 18,521 RSVPs
- 16K people attended
- 1.1M impressions and 66K clicks from paid media
- 280K owned emails sent to achieve a 21.61% average open rate and a 3.1% average click-through rate
- 10K new email subscribers
- 312K impressions, 31.4K engagement, and 6.6K link clicks from owned social media
- An estimated 200K impressions from 2K earned media on social
- 8K coupon books printed and distributed
- 46K+ pageviews with a 02:45 average time on page